8 years ago in the month of February, the two former employees of Yahoo started to roll out their coding as a new android app called “WhatsApp”. Both the co-founders Brian Acton and Jan Koum introduced WhatsApp as an application that let everyone to chat with their friends and stay connected online.
But as the years roll on, WhatsApp began to delight its users with enhanced file sharing features, voice and video chat features that made everyone happy.
According to Statista, as of the month of January 2017, WhatsApp has 1.2 billion active users.
Find more statistics at Statista
As a reward to its users on its eight birthday, WhatsApp has announced its exciting status feature.
Yup! WhatsApp has reinvented its status feature!
Here is what you should know about this new WhatsApp status feature
- The “Text only” functionality for your WhatsApp status is reinvented.
- You can doodle on your photos and videos to the status, as you can see in Snapchat.
- You can update your WhatsApp status as a short video similar to Instagram stories.
- You can share photos, videos, GIFs as a status in a more secure way.
- Similar to Chats and Calls, You can see a new tab called “Status”
- Now your status updates are also end-to-end encrypted.
- On clicking status, the camera will open thus giving you an option to take a picture or record a video for updating your status.
- Your status will vanishes after 24 hours.
Isn’t it interesting? So do not forget to update your WhatsApp app from Play store. You will miss the fun if you don’t.